ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (9/33) > >>

skwire:
But I'm guessing this new version has portions of Trout mashed into it.-TaoPhoenix (January 13, 2015, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, no.  Trout uses the BASS library.  Splat's audio handling just uses the simple SoundPlay command in AHK.

So, you will be responsible for at least $500 of increased productivity-TaoPhoenix (January 13, 2015, 10:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great.  Said persons can donate the aforementioned $500 to me and make my day.   :P

Jody, I made a similar program in autohotkey to use for provisioning computers.
(see attachment in previous post)-BGM (January 13, 2015, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

That looks great (and very releaseable).   :D

So, what about adding checkboxes to splat?-BGM (January 13, 2015, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what purpose this would serve because the current launch log serves a similar purpose, no?

Environment variables now do work in target, arguments and working directory field and the app icons are also displayed properly! Perfect!  :Thmbsup:
'Play audio file' action does work great and certainly makes things easier and neater!-lujomu (January 14, 2015, 03:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wonderful.  Thank you for testing.   :Thmbsup:

BGM:
Jody, with regards to the checkboxes:
The launch log is good for immediate perusal and report on how the execution progressed;
The state of the checkboxes would be saved to the settings file so when you close the program and reopen it, you can see which tasks have been completed.  It would make splat into sort of an executable todo list.

You see, if I am provisioning a computer (and were to use splat) for example, I have to restart the machine several times.  I would use splat to run scripts and commands and such, and the checkbox state would let me keep track of whether I've completed the task or not - after I restart the computer.

skwire:
Jody, with regards to the checkboxes:
The state of the checkboxes would be saved to the settings file so when you close the program and reopen it, you can see which tasks have been completed.  It would make splat into sort of an executable todo list.-BGM (January 14, 2015, 08:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I currently don't want to add this sort of handling to Splat.  I'll add it to my requests list, though.  In the meantime:

Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2015-01-14
    + Ctrl+Enter now launches the selected profile when the Splat window is
      focused.  (Thanks, tomos)
    + Shift+Enter now runs any selected entries.  Useful for testing.  (Thanks,
      tomos)
    + Environment vars are now supported in the arguments and working directory
      fields.  (Thanks, lujomu)
    + Added "Play audio file" action.  (Thanks, lujomu)
    * The Profiles index file is now saved more often.  (Thanks, TaoPhoenix)
    ! Application icons should now work if environment variables are used in the
      path.  (Thanks, lujomu)

Lots of good changes.  Thank you, all, for testing.

BGM:
Ah, I don't blame you.  Thanks for considering, though!

I do have a suggestion, though.
What if you don't want a hotkey for the profile?  I think there should be an option for "none" in the hotkey editor.

Also, if you click on the hotkey column and push F2, I think it should open the hotkey editor.

Another idea; I would want to see a place for a description for the profile.  Maybe a third column in the profile listview or better, an edit panel that changed depending on which profile you click on.

One more - another column in the action listview for description.

I always forget what things were for or why I set them up in the first place.

Ath:
    + Added "Play audio file" action.  (Thanks, lujomu)
-skwire (January 14, 2015, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
And it would be very convenient to be able to stop any sound-clip playing, especially if you either have it wait to finish playing, or have selected a very long sound-clip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version