ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (8/33) > >>

skwire:
I also noticed that no app/file icon is displayed if you use an environment variable in the target path, but thats fine with me.-lujomu (January 13, 2015, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll see if there is anything I can do about this.
-skwire (January 13, 2015, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

v1.0.3 build 4 fixes this issue.  Please test and let me know if it works for you.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/splat/Splat_.zip

skwire:
Just uploaded v1.0.3 build 6 which adds a "Play audio file" action.   :D  There is an additional "wait for audio file to finish playing before continuing" option associated with this action.  Please test and let me know if it all functions properly.  I'll check back in the morning.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/splat/Splat_.zip

TaoPhoenix:
<---- proceeds to demonstrate the neutrality of tech intersecting with intelligence and the hopes that there is morality behind intelligence.

Ahhh, Skwire Skwire Skwire.

You know you just opened Pandora's handbag, right? Let's go pull things out of it!

While technically possible before, it would have been rather tricky to play audio files in the right order. But I'm guessing this new version has portions of Trout mashed into it. And with that, you get another whole-greater-than-parts result.

You just invented a cute new alarm clock! With Snooze! And instructions!

Whazzalldat you say?

Because it's not about the cute obvious case of just getting up in the morning. Any old Minecraft 16 bit computer alarm clock can do that!

No. I'm talking that you built an incredibly easy Macro timer program, and now you stuck *sound player* capability into it.

And just like Wizards of the Coast found out in 1993, you can take simple little pieces and produce terrifying results. Here we go!

1. First just find a cute couple of little songs to anchor different purposes.
2. Design the profile(s) needed per notes below.
3. Use a virtual/desktop splitter to jam Splat out of the way in the background.
4. Text to Speech produces audio files. Make a bunch of things you need to be reminded of.
5. Space them apart with the wait command and your choice of waiting until the audio is done or not before the master profile keeps going.
6. Because it's audio, if you are doing stuff around the house, you don't have to keep drifting back and forth to the computer to keep checking your list. You can get a Star-Trek-Computer effect "hollering" out stuff like "Did you call the cable company yet?"

Bonus tricks:
On a friend's computer, you can do this and tuck it behind the splitter, with TTS messages loaded. So they are hanging out doing stuff. With a good guess, like you know they lose motivation after working for about two hours of work, you schedule a TTS message in a nice creepy voice, "Hello. This is your computer. Find anything interesting on Facebook? You might want to get back to work."

:D

So, you will be responsible for at least $500 of increased productivity and Pwning April Fool's 2015 somewhere in our fine user base's community!

BGM:
Jody, I made a similar program in autohotkey to use for provisioning computers.

In my program I have a tree, with lots of nodes.  Each node was kind of like what you call a profile - and each node had its subnodes - like your "actions".
So I could manually execute each action and after it finished, it would mark true a checkbox that was next to the item.
When all the actions were complete, the checkbox next to the node (your "profile") would be checked.

I spent too much time on it already, and it was designed just for this particular use of mine, so it's not something I could really share.  But I can share a little picture!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

So, what about adding checkboxes to splat?

lujomu:
Environment variables now do work in target, arguments and working directory field and the app icons are also displayed properly! Perfect!  :Thmbsup:

'Play audio file' action does work great and certainly makes things easier and neater!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version