ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (7/33) > >>

skwire:
I'm trying Splat simply for opening a group of files - it seems like a great way to open, and keep a record of, files related to a specific query/topic/whatever.-tomos (January 13, 2015, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very nice.  I've been doing something similar as well.

* Having hotkeys is great, but would you consider a generic shortcut to launch the selected profile e.g. Enter; or Ctrl+Enter
* would it be possible to run one entry in a profile (I presume this could also be advantageous when testing) either via context menu, or again, with Enter or variation on same-tomos (January 13, 2015, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, both are already on my ToDo list.  Keep in mind that copy/paste should work between profiles so you can keep a simple TEST profile.  That's what I do for now.

tomos:
^ great stuff :up:

ewemoa:
    + Added support for environment variables.  (Thanks, lujomu)
-skwire (January 13, 2015, 12:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hurray!

lujomu:
Hey skwire, I had some time to test the new version. Here are my thoughts:

* The environment variable support seems to work fine for the target of an entry. Could the support maybe be extended to the arguments and the working directory? I'd like to run something like this:
Target:%DataDrive%\Apps\Launchy\Launchy.exeArguments:/profile "_Data @%ComputerName%"Working directory:%DataDrive%\Apps\LaunchyAs a workaround one can simply launch a shortcut (LNK file) with the corresponding entries. This way all environment variables are evaluated properly. Only drawback is, Splat has no chance to determine if the app is already running or not.
I also noticed that no app/file icon is displayed if you use an environment variable in the target path, but thats fine with me.

* Running a profile from command line/shortcut works great! I understand that the progress is reflected in the tray icon, but I added a 'Run' entry at the end of my profiles that plays a notification sound when the profile is done launching - maybe someone else finds it useful:
Target:nircmdArguments:mediaplay 3000 "sound.wav"Note: nircmd and the sound file must reside in the Splat app directory (or you have to adjust the paths accordingly) and the number after 'mediaplay' is the play time in ms. This should be as long as the sound file, or playback will be truncated.
Thanks again for the app - it has instantly risen to the Olymp of my daily used apps! ;)

skwire:
The environment variable support seems to work fine for the target of an entry. Could the support maybe be extended to the arguments and the working directory?-lujomu (January 13, 2015, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please test this interim build and see if it works now for the args and working dir.  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/splat/Splat_.zip

I also noticed that no app/file icon is displayed if you use an environment variable in the target path, but thats fine with me.-lujomu (January 13, 2015, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll see if there is anything I can do about this.

* Running a profile from command line/shortcut works great! I understand that the progress is reflected in the tray icon, but I added a 'Run' entry at the end of my profiles that plays a notification sound when the profile is done launching-lujomu (January 13, 2015, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
You know, I could easily add a "Play sound" action...    ;)

Thanks again for the app - it has instantly risen to the Olymp of my daily used apps! ;)-lujomu (January 13, 2015, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm glad you've found the application useful.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version