ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (2/33) > >>

cranioscopical:
Nice one!

TaoPhoenix:
I just did a medium test, and this is pretty neat.

Skwire points to a 'new' class of software I'll call "go-away-ware". It's completely legit, but often not relevant, and in my case, gets in the way. In particular, on my machine, some combination of this stuff prevents my machine from shutting down. While I threw a few other things in the script "just for fun",  the other half is stuff I tracked down months ago for being a pest during shutdown.

I tried it twice - it seems to work!

And I can easily see how if you do some other task, you'd want to load up some x programs, all in a row, then when you are done, close them all back away again.

Tip: When you make your profile, close Splat then maybe re-open it. It seems to "lock in" the profile. The first time I tried this, my profile disappeared from the active window (though it was saved in the data folder.)

Ath:
This is going to be one of those Skwire-hits again: darn useful, smart & 'why didn't I think of that'  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

lujomu:
Wow, really great app!

I really like how the app handles dropping of shortcuts (LNK files) on the action list. It creates a run action with target, argument and working directory all filled out for you. Just discovered that feature by accident ... you should maybe put that in the description - makes the creation of profiles so much easier!

I also have a minor suggestions if thats ok:
Would it be possible to obey environment variables? So that we could use something like '%UserProfile%\Documents\VeryImportantDocument.pdf' regardless of the current user name? Or so portable apps could be launched regardless of the current drive letter?

Thanks for the app and I am really looking forward to the command line support! :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Wow, really great app!-lujomu (January 04, 2015, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I'm glad you find it useful.  =]

I really like how the app handles dropping of shortcuts (LNK files) on the action list. It creates a run action with target, argument and working directory all filled out for you. Just discovered that feature by accident ... you should maybe put that in the description - makes the creation of profiles so much easier!-lujomu (January 04, 2015, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I probably should add that as I intentionally coded it that way.

I also have a minor suggestions if thats ok:
Would it be possible to obey environment variables? So that we could use something like '%UserProfile%\Documents\VeryImportantDocument.pdf' regardless of the current user name? Or so portable apps could be launched regardless of the current drive letter?-lujomu (January 04, 2015, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this should be doable.  Let me do some testing and see what I can manage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version