ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (19/33) > >>

skwire:
Hi, AtmanActive, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.  Apologies for the late reply.

I'm glad you like the software and you do make a good argument.  However, it'll be several weeks, at least, before I could possibly start adding something like this.  My regular day job is rather busy at the moment.  I'll keep it in mind, though.   :D

AtmanActive:
Sure. No rush.

In the meantime, I stumbled upon a bug, a minor one: reordering entries in a profile doesn't work when drag and drop is used. It just looks like it is working, user can do a drag and drop operation, but as soon as one switches to some other profile and then back, the order of entries is back to where it was. Looks like Splat is not doing 'save' on drag and drop. On the other hand, if context menu => 'Move selection up/down' or keyboard 'Ctrl+Up/Down' is used, then it works as expected.

skwire:
In the meantime, I stumbled upon a bug, a minor one: reordering entries in a profile doesn't work when drag and drop is used.-AtmanActive (March 27, 2015, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good catch.  Thank you for reporting that.  Should be fixed here:

Website | Download
v1.1.6 - 2015-03-28
    ! Reordering entries in a profile wasn't saved when drag and drop was used.
      (Thanks, AtmanActive)

ScreenManiac:
A bit late to the party, but thrilled just the same.
Decided to launch my portable tools from USB stick. Using SPLAT as a  lightweight alternative to mouser's full-fledged launchbar.

Any chance to make /profile: portable, independent from drive letters?
Something like
\profile:"ProfileName"  or
\profile:"<SPLAT_apppath>\data\"ProfileName"

Or providing a command line parameter that calls up the profile menu - I cannot foresee what hotkeys are already taken when working portable.

Or both? Adding /profile:menu as a parameter in addition to allowing relative paths?

Thanks for another great tool.

antekgla:
Interesting program... seems very useful!

Could you suggest a new type of Action?

Go to First Action

...to make a loop. Sometimes it is useful.
Of course could (but not always) be based in a condition because could be a little dangereous of start a infinite loop.

if XXXX process is [not] running Go to First Action or
if CPU is below|above XXX % then Go to First Action
or If time is < 12:00 go to First Action
or Repeat X number of times

Could sound as a odd request but I give you a real scenario:

I have to encode several files with Vidcoder but I dont want my computer 24 hours with the CPU at 100% because is dangerous, so Vidcoder have a option of pause encoding if XXXX process is running.
I could use your program to launch a process say each 2-3 hours to pause Vidcoder, wait 30 minutes and terminate that process to Vidcoder keep encoding.
But I need to loop this process at least to Vidcoder finish your jobs.

This could be a real case scenario, but I'm sure is not the ony one.
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version