ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (6/33) > >>

ewemoa:
I also have a minor suggestions if thats ok:
Would it be possible to obey environment variables? So that we could use something like '%UserProfile%\Documents\VeryImportantDocument.pdf' regardless of the current user name? Or so portable apps could be launched regardless of the current drive letter?-lujomu (January 04, 2015, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think this should be doable.  Let me do some testing and see what I can manage.
-skwire (January 04, 2015, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like it would be a nice enhancement.  Good luck!

pamu:
I like it!
Is there a way to run the program and automatically run a profile (and then stop the prg)?
Are there run command parameters?
Thankyou!

skwire:
Hi, pamu, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Is there a way to run the program and automatically run a profile (and then stop the prg)?-pamu (January 10, 2015, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that capability is already in my dev build which should be released later today.

skwire:
And by "later today" I really meant three days later.  However, it's a huge update with many new additions and features.

@lujomu: I think have environment variables working.  Please test and let me know.
@pamu: You can now right-click a profile and create a desktop shortcut to run that profile without seeing the user interface.

Again, lots of changes so please read the changelog and report any bugs.

Website | Download
v1.0.3 - 2015-01-12
    + Added an entry to the Profiles menu that can create a shortcut on the
      desktop which directly runs a Splat profile.  Profiles launched in this
      manner will display the tray icon for the duration of the profile and then
      exit.  The full Splat interface will NOT be displayed.
    + Added support for environment variables.  (Thanks, lujomu)
    + Added 'Clear log before each profile launch' option.
    + Added ability to specify a window's title or partial title when closing a
      program.  This can help with the reliability of the close action.
    + Added ability to run a profile within a profile.
    + Added optional, Alt+F4 close method to the Close action.
    + Added a real, honest-to-goodness help file.  Really.
    * Consolidated some of the "Close application" settings.
    * Tray icon now displays a triangular blue run icon when a profile is
      running.
    ! Moving a profile didn't update the tray profile menu.
    ! Undo/Redo were broken.

tomos:
I'm trying Splat simply for opening a group of files - it seems like a great way to open, and keep a record of, files related to a specific query/topic/whatever.

I'm wondering:

* Having hotkeys is great, but would you consider a generic shortcut to launch the selected profile e.g. Enter; or Ctrl+Enter
* would it be possible to run one entry in a profile (I presume this could also be advantageous when testing) either via context menu, or again, with Enter or variation on same

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version