ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (31/33) > >>

dantheman:
Sounds good.
But... me no no... do i insert that (nircmd.exe cdrom open j:) under "run" ?

skwire:
Yes, it would be a Run action.  Your Target field would be c:\path\to\nircmd.exe and the Arguments field would be cdrom open j:

Of course, change the path and drive letter to suit your system.

dcsev:
skwire,
you somehow have a knack of finding that little niche that I desire and programming an awesome app for it.

Splat is now my #1 go-to startup launcher solution. Where have you been all my life? :D :D I reinstall windows frequently and having to keep up with constantly changing startup entries is a royal PITA. I want to run splat at startup and have it be my pipeline to run all of my startup apps. I don't really need it running in the backgrond either. Once it does its business at startup, it can quit..  I toyed around with the app and I think it's doing everything I wanted.

Side note: I have UAC completely turned off (Enable LUA=0) so admin rights not an issue.

Some suggestions:
1. Create right menu context entry > "Duplicate" function (For entries, not profiles)
2. Allow us to manually choose display name or have another column for NAME           |      TARGET        | Arguments.
3. It's not the worse thing in the world but I would remove the options tab - remove the profiles tab and just create a text label called "Profiles". Then I would put "options" or "preferences" under menu, unless there's some design considered I haven't thought of.  PIC of area I'm saying to remove: http://i.imgur.com/hAXRsa1.png
4. PLEASE allow us to customize the columns. I don't need working directory or notes...
5. Give us the ability to keep entries in the list, but "disable" them. Disabling them puts a red X over their name or dims their entry dramatically.

Bugs (#2-critical bug)
1. EDIT: I think this may a bug, but I keep having to resize the columns (specifically working directory) but closing the app and reopening splat doesn't remember it.

I know the role of profile shortcuts (for startup) but i was messing around and....
I have also discovered a infinite loop crash in splat. Create a new entry for splat  with following:
http://i.imgur.com/RHLCr0p.png     

Action: Profile
Launch this profile: startup
Put it at the top of the list.

Now, right click / run selected entries.  Infinite loop, crash. Proof: http://i.imgur.com/a46UhPz.png

----------------------

EDIT: removed report about breevyportable.exe problem since it's not splat's fault. I created a workaround in the profile to kill breevy.exe before running breevyportable.exe again :)

ScreenManiac:
Some suggestions:
1. Create right menu context entry > "Duplicate" function (For entries, not profiles)
2. Allow us to manually choose display name or have another column for NAME           |      TARGET        | Arguments.
3. It's not the worse thing in the world but I would remove the options tab - remove the profiles tab and just create a text label called "Profiles". Then I would put "options" or "preferences" under menu, unless there's some design considered I haven't thought of.  PIC of area I'm saying to remove: http://i.imgur.com/hAXRsa1.png
4. PLEASE allow us to customize the columns. I don't need working directory or notes...
5. Give us the ability to keep entries in the list, but "disable" them. Disabling them puts a red X over their name or dims their entry dramatically.
-stisev (April 20, 2017, 01:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1 for suggestions 1, 4, and 5 especially.
I hate deleting entries in my lists - might need them again some later time - a disable-option would be awesome. My workaround has been to duplicate whole profiles, but that leads to multiple variants hard to keep track of, requires changes to my commandline call-ups etc etc..Disable would make it a lot easier to see old/new entries at one glance, whereas now I have to compare whole profiles to spot the difference.

dcsev:
Just a follow-up, I wish this app's dev would be continued. It's one of the Top 3 on skwire's codings (along with sPlayerlistmaker.. a godsend!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version