ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release - Splat (Simple Program Launching and Termination)

<< < (21/33) > >>

ScreenManiac:
Thank you for the speedy reply. Yes, I had read about Kill, but felt reluctant to use it - the warnings and caveats - so I decided to ask first, I might have missed something... Will try it out with caution.
Thanks.

BTW, any chance for making the command line profile call relative/ portable? Not meaning to be obnoxious or pushy, just wondering if it might get implemented in some future version. I'd rather wait than start tinkering with work-arounds.

skwire:
BTW, any chance for making the command line profile call relative/ portable? Not meaning to be obnoxious or pushy, just wondering if it might get implemented in some future version. I'd rather wait than start tinkering with work-arounds.-ScreenManiac (April 20, 2015, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Relative paths should work and they should be relative to the Splat.exe location.  Did you try and have it not work?

ScreenManiac:
Turns out I had a backslash up front that's not needed.  :-[
Influenced negatively by other apps, I tried .\data\
--- End quote ---
and other crazy variations.
All fine now.
Thank you.

IainB:
I installed SPLAT today, out of curiosity. Initial response: Thankyou! A rather nice piece of work!   :Thmbsup:
Still playing with it, but I think I might end up keeping it and using it instead of or in conjunction with ProcessTamer.

Just some observations/comments in initially setting up the Hotkeys:

* I noticed that, for SHIFT there is no option for Left Shift or Right Shift. (Both of which I use in Hotkeys.)
* Ditto for CTRL.
* There is no option for the GRAVE key. (A key which I only recently started to use in Hotkeys.)
* I wondered whether having the user press the actual Hotkey combo required, and SPLAT reading them, wouldn't be less tedious and less error-prone than setting them up with all those tickboxes.

skwire:
The reason for the hotkey checkbox GUI is that the standard Windows hotkey control is very limited in what it can recognise.  For example, it cannot recognise the Windows key nor can it recognise mouse buttons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version