ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Spring-loaded folders!

<< < (2/2)

Scott:
Sounds like a pain in the ass to me.  Desksoft FastFolders might be easier, but it makes Explorer crash on my system.

Dragonrider:
Windoze Exploder (& I don't call it that because of spring loading  :) ) is only spring loaded when it comes to opening folders in the tree part of explorer.  I am on the fence for whether I would like the folders in the main window to be spring loaded or not.  On the 1 hand, I have wanted to move files from a folder into a sub-sub-sub-folder of the folder I'm currently in.  I mark the files, & then without thinking, drag them over the top of the 1st sub-folder & wait for it to spring open.  After a few seconds I smack my head & then move it over top of the treeview & let it expand out.  It's so intuitive to put the dragged files over the folder that's right above the files I want to move & non-intuitive to have to move halfway across the screen to the treeview to do the same conceptual thing.  On the other hand, I'm not very accurate when it comes to placing the cursor.  So I always right click & drag instead of left clicking while holding down the shift/ctrl key.  I right-click & drag because I'm constantly thinking the cursor is over the top of a folder, and it's really over the top of a different 1.  This is partly because I'm sloppy & partly because I don't see all that well.  Nonetheless, spring loading the main window would probably be a bad thing for me.

I will say 1 thing though, 2xExplorer & Xplorer2 both act the same way as well.  In these cases where there are really more than 1 main window, I think spring loading the main windows would be a good thing even considering my sloppy mousing abilities.

Regards
Dragonrider

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version