ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Slur you're going to hate it.

<< < (2/2)

40hz:
So they are using Tor?...That should be...pointless :P

http://pando.com/2014/12/21/so-it-begins-operator-of-large-tor-exit-node-cluster-reports-he-has-lost-control-of-his-servers/

Tonight there has been some unusual activity taking place and I have now lost control of all servers under the ISP and my account has been suspended. Having reviewed the last available information of the sensors, the chassis of the servers was opened and an unknown USB device was plugged in only 30-60 seconds before the connection was broken. From experience I know this trend of activity is similar to the protocol of sophisticated law enforcement who carry out a search and seizure of running servers.
--- End quote ---
-Stephen66515 (December 25, 2014, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Precisely. Unless they plan to implement it using constantly mobile radio "squirt" transmissions, they'll be traced fairly quickly. Especially since there will be global governmental and business cooperation to hunt them down. (Let's remember who built and still controls the backbone and most of the net shall we?) And squirt transmissions aren't practical for large amounts of data anyway.

Even having the servers in a non-cooperative country such as NK won't help. It will just be shut off from the rest of the net if that happens. (Backbone, remember?)

So what's left? ULF radio, like all the best nuclear submarine fleets currently use for attack orders? Hmm...expensive! It needs a significant investment in infrastructure to make it happen on a large scale basis. Unfortunately, ULF radio doesn't provide a lot of bandwidth. So it's also impractical for large amounts of data. Especially when it comes to bandwidth hogs like video, hi-rez photos, or other media files.

Besides, ULF is (for all practical purposes) a one-way street. The small ULF receivers can pretty much stay hidden. But everybody will shortly know where the large transmitter is located. Can you say drone attack? Or cruise missile? Because you'll see global governmental cooperation on a scale undreamt of hitherto. Almost every government has a lot to hide these days. The old saying that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" will never seem truer should all the big players feel threatened simultaneously.

And let's not forget that places like "Gitmo" are still very much in business despite all the recent hand-wringing and public shaming. Next time around, the governments of the world will simply be much more secretive about owning and operating such places. Especially since it doesn't take much in the way of resources to open one up - or staff it.

So yeah...what "secure" and "unblockable" technology are they gonna float this thing one? And how are they gonna handle what will happen once they kick that big hornet's nest.

"Enquiring minds want to know!"  :huh:

app103:
Sounds like Slur is pretty much done before the popcorn stopped popping. And it's very possible the 2 stories are related.

40hz:
Sounds like Slur is pretty much done before the popcorn stopped popping. And it's very possible the 2 stories are related.
-app103 (December 26, 2014, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes indeed. Sure looks like it's a very good possibility.

I'm guessing law enforcement had already paid a most unpleasant visit to the people behind it.

Even more frightening is that the Slur website is still up. Can you say "honeypot"??? ;)

Renegade:
Estimated release isn't until well into 2015, so, don't pop any corn yet. Just have it ready. This could be very entertaining!

40hz:
Estimated release isn't until well into 2015, so, don't pop any corn yet. Just have it ready. This could be very entertaining!
-Renegade (December 26, 2014, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah. Especially for the homeland security myrmidons. I'll bet they're just waiting to be let off the leash for this one. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version