ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Mint 17.1 KDE rc delete trash icon desktop?

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
I seems if one adds a Widget to the desktop by dragging it onto the desktop with the mouse, clicking the 'x' on the overlay square deletes/removes it.  However, it appears that if you add the widget by double clicking, you are stuck with it forever.  I haven't found any solutions on the web.

Has anyone run into this?  I've been banging my head against the wall for several hours just to delete this thing.  What makes it even more sticky, if I add a file to the desktop it goes right to the upper left corner where the trash icon is.  I cannot move or delete either.  All I can do is use the dolphin file manager to put the file in the trash.

A real time waster.  :(

MilesAhead:
OK.  I finally found the answers on the web.  It turns out that hovering the mouse gives a little menu thing with icons.  When I clicked the 'x' to remove the Trash icon, it seemed like it didn't work.  But watching it more closely it was taking off a layer.  Double clicking must have put a couple dozen icons overlapped.  So I hovered and clicked the 'x' a whole bunch of times.

The trick to moving the icon I read on the web, and I can't believe it, is hover the mouse, that stupid tool menu shadow appears, drag the empty space on that menu to move the icon.  I can't believe I wasted 4 hours on this.  I guess that's one big reason people try Linux and give up.   :mad:

40hz:
I guess that's one big reason people try Linux and give up.   :mad:
-MilesAhead (December 24, 2014, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or at least give up on KDE for their primary desktop? ;)

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

-40hz (December 24, 2014, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)  I guess it is quirky.  But at least for now I'm in quest of eye candy.  I've got to get back to the desktop so I can install on the metal.  One day.  :)

40hz:
--- End quote ---

-40hz (December 24, 2014, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)  I guess it is quirky.  But at least for now I'm in quest of eye candy.
-MilesAhead (December 25, 2014, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you should consider questing for Lara Pulver instead? There's some quirky eye-candy for you! And you wouldn't even need a computer. ;) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version