ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

And IT Man of the Year 2014 Is...

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
I'm not sure I quite follow what you're getting at here. But I'll keep trying. :)-40hz (December 24, 2014, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
I read through it three times when he first posted it & once just now after reading your reply and I still can't get a sense of what point he is trying to make.
-Innuendo (December 24, 2014, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Considering I have yet to get the point of any of his posts, you're not alone.
-4wd (December 25, 2014, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, absolutely. I actually replied to what seemed (to me) to be a rather confusing post by @peter.s, on the topic of the Yahoo InfoSelect forum. It was apparently a response to my earlier comment - which was a sort of "necro thread arise" comment.
Though I could extract some sense from that particular post of @peter.s', I can't make much sense of the OP in this thread.
There are several other members in the DCF whose posts will sometimes ask for help, discussion or idea contribution, or something, yet, when I try to engage, I get the distinct impression from the response to such engagement that I'd have been better advised to utilise my time on something more productive, so I rarely - if ever - engage in discussion with them again. That is, I generally tend to disengage and avoid them in future. Sometimes they may even hound me via my PM Inbox to (say) push their paradigm down my throat, as it were, so I quietly block them without reply. It's not that I don't want to help or contribute to (say) an interesting discussion in some way (I nearly always do), it's just that in some circumstances I can't see that I am able to achieve anything worthwhile or useful in further engagement.
Life's too short and there's so much new stuff to do/experience/understand.

I don't want to ad hom @peter.s, or anyone else, by this. We are all different. For example, including different ways of thinking, differing educational levels, and not all here have English as a mother tongue, so expression of meaning and communication, and arriving at a mutual understanding - through the medium of the forum discussions - is likely be a bit of a challenge at times.
Mind you, some people (not me, you understand) might say that, given that this is an IT-coder forum, @peter.s could be an acronym for a really smart experimental artificial intelligence proggy that is being developed, but I couldn't possibly comment.

40hz:
Mind you, some people (not me, you understand) might say that, given that this is an IT-coder forum, @peter.s could be an acronym for a really smart experimental artificial intelligence proggy that is being developed, but I couldn't possibly comment.
-IainB (December 27, 2014, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Funny, but that same half-suspicion has crossed my mind on more than one occasion. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version