ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinPatrol & WinPrivacy holiday discounts

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjbull:
according to their home page, it's a 70% discount-Innuendo (December 22, 2014, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
I paid at the 70% discount - and Ruiware refunded the difference between that and the original price of 80% off, because I hadn't heard about the initial offer - extraordinary customer care.

:Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
Found this on the WinPatrol site regarding WinPrivacy in case anyone is on the fence about this offer:

"If you purchase a license now, you will NOT have to pay any annual subscription fees, EVER! Anticipated annual subscription fees for purchases made after this sales ends will be $12/yr. Again, if you purchase now, you will NOT have to pay any subscription fees EVER!."

So evidently WinPrivacy is anticipated to be a subscription-driven product...unless one buys now.

x16wda:
If you purchase a license now, you will NOT have to pay any annual subscription fees, EVER!
-Innuendo (December 22, 2014, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I bought a Family Pack which I'll install tomorrow on at least one box. The license email did not mention the lack of future subscription fees, though I guess it's just understood.

Dormouse:
I bought the joint family pack, though I've had WP+ licences for a long time. I hadn't heard about the launch or discounts either.
I feel it is worth supporting.

rjbull:
I hadn't heard about the launch or discounts either.-Dormouse (December 23, 2014, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Quoting Bret Lowry's e-mail to me:
We started sending emails in batches of 2,500 using the most recent addresses, but were forced to stop when spam reports reached a level of higher than 1 per 1,000 emails. That brought us back to early 2010. [...] The next release of WinPatrol will give us a much better way of notifying everyone of important news.

--- End quote ---
So if you purchased before 2010, you probably didn't get an e-mail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version