ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Entry: Ballistic: an easy list filter

<< < (3/4) > >>

DyNama:
BGM, i even edited that sentence to try to make it more clear. I mean Ballistic is indeed offline, but I've been using online dictionaries for this purpose for years. Just the other day, i needed a 5-letter word ending in "ya", I couldn't think of any. Ballistic will be useful cuz it's offline, and can be configured with specialized word lists.

Isn't permutations still only using the word list? I cant imagine needing a list of every possible rearrangement of the letters. Anagrams find all the words from the list within the entry, I presumed permutations would find combinations of words from the list that use all the letters, if any.

BGM:
No, permutation does not use the word list; it just does the calculation on the word you enter.
That's why if you enter a 17-letter word it runs past the memory limit (I did not think to try that and I'm looking for a way to resolve the error)

For example, if you enter cat, you get all of its permutations, regardless of the loaded list:
cat
act
atc
tac
tca
cta

However, everything else does use the word list.

IainB:
This might be useful:
For crossword puzzling/solving - including anagrams, hidden words, palindromes - there is Logos:
Refer: http://www.moorscape.com/logos/Downloads.html

BGM:
Logos is a nice program.  Thanks for the link.
Ballistic will do anagrams, crossword puzzling/solving and some other things, but it doesn't do palindromes. 
Ballistic just uses plain old text files, and you can add/update the lists on the fly.

BGM:
Hi, all.  I did some extensive work on Ballistic.  Ballistic is now updated to version 1.2.

Now it does palindromes, semordlinaps and phonewords.  And it is 30% faster.  I've also added a half-dozen new lists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version