ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

We Are the Idiots

<< < (8/8)

40hz:
^+1 on trusting that type of hunch. I've learned I ignore them at my peril. My track record for them being correct is pretty good. I don't think it's anything psychic. I just think it's experience combined with backburner analysis of your environment coupled with some half-conscious odds calculations. "Educated anticipation" I guess you'd call it.

Whatever. Works for me. And I've learned to trust it. :Thmbsup:

crabby3:
Do they allow lane splitting in CT?? ...Remember I'm on a motorcycle. :D
-Stoic Joker (December 12, 2014, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

No amount of leather is gonna help you on I-95.  :(  ... any state.
-crabby3 (December 12, 2014, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

OTOH I have split small packs at 120mph on I-95 more than once ... But don't tell Crabby3.. ;)
-Stoic Joker (December 12, 2014, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

luck (luhk) - noun

1. When opportunity meets preparedness. (c3-pedia)

2. Good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance.

1 + 2 = SJ ?

Something to ponder over: Many men and women have switched from smoking to chewing.
Vehicle doors (on either side) could open at any moment.  Any season and almost any speed.
Great 'opportunity' to clip the handle bar, lose some fingers or just a leg.

If your DC contributions suddenly stop... :(   I'll always remember you as the Male Trinity from The Matrix Reloaded.

Stoic Joker:
Something to ponder over: Many men and women have switched from smoking to chewing.-crabby3 (December 13, 2014, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've actually no idea how this is related, but after smoking for ~35 years I'm currently doing the E-cigs. Been at it for 9ish months...and it seems to be working quite well.

Vehicle doors (on either side) could open at any moment.  Any season and almost any speed.
Great 'opportunity' to clip the handle bar, lose some fingers or just a leg.-crabby3 (December 13, 2014, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know ... But the pack - of 6 vehicles - I was referring to was doing about 55 (in a 70..) when I chose to violate their airspace. So door opening wasn't a likely factor, and nobody was going to be doing any lane changing given their alignment. For the below 10mph crowd it's usually easier to just take the sidewalk to a side street to slip around any congestive obstructions.

If your DC contributions suddenly stop... :(   I'll always remember you as the Male Trinity from The Matrix Reloaded.-crabby3 (December 13, 2014, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I confess ... I've never been able to watch that scene without giggling, because much of it reminds me of my youth..

crabby3:
@Stoic Joker -- Hopefully it's not this side street   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version