ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TreeDBNotes Pro - Christmas and New Year Discount: 50%

<< < (2/5) > >>

tomos:
InfoQube - looks like it has new limited calendar
http://www.sqlnotes.net/drupal5/index.php?q=node/1215
-Steven Avery (January 06, 2015, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Calendar is functional (disclaimer: dont use it myself). Planned is sync with google calendar - that'll be a big boost for it, dont know when exactly that's due though (was expecting it to be 2014, so hopefully will be soon).

Dormouse:

TreeDBNotes

Anybody see the calendar?
not that little history thing?
-Steven Avery (January 06, 2015, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've always assumed it's the view you get in Tools>Alarms & Reminders (Alt F5).
I think you could describe it as a calendar.

Since the closure of the Forum and the slowdown in updates, I keep trying to switch but carry on using it for a lot of things because I find it does a lot of things I want very well.

BUT I've never regarded it as a PIM or a data storage program and I use VueMinder as my calendar.
I mostly use it for writing.

TaoPhoenix:
I ran into a deadly bug that severely damaged the structure of the tree! [...] So I cannot recommend this program!-TaoPhoenix (January 01, 2015, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
What was their response when you reported the bug?
-rjbull (January 01, 2015, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

None.

This is a note I sent 1.5 years ago when both the forum vanished and it was my second attempt trying to report the bug.

------------------------------------------------------------
        me
        May 5, 2013

To

[email protected]

CC

[email protected]

Feedback form
Your Name:     TaoPhoenix
Your Email:     [email protected]
Subject:     Is TreeDBNotes still being developed?
Message:     Hello. The forum vanished, and I think I sent a bug report a while back. There's a nasty bug involving shifting the folder levels. Please reply to me at [email protected]
Security Code:     110283
Send Email OK.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not counting other programs from my survey, TreeDB at the time was my winner, because of a certain web export feature on top of other basic features, and *at the time* it had a forum for support. Then the forum vanished, taking thousands of posts with it, into a very generic "web form", and I never heard from them again. So, other people are reporting in about the lack of responses.

Dormouse, I'm particularly interested in chatting with you a bit to see what it's doing for you, and I'm fascinated if you could peek at MyInfo because it became my "replacement winner" once TreeDB self destructed both structurally and with the forum. I found it to be surprisingly close and I think it could be a replacement for you, with a better overall experience if you, as you say, "just use it for writing".

Also the MyInfo dev also responds by email for specific questions, and according to my email, he just posted a new update on Dec 11. (Modest bugfix update, but apparently it can also now auto-lookup new versions...)

rjbull:
I ran into a deadly bug that severely damaged the structure of the tree! [...] So I cannot recommend this program!-TaoPhoenix (January 01, 2015, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
What was their response when you reported the bug?
-rjbull (January 01, 2015, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
None. [...]
-TaoPhoenix (January 06, 2015, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ugh.  That gives me no confidence in the program.  One for shelfware at best.  Are they a one-man-band on a hobby project that didn't generate enough income to warrant, or enable, support?

rjbull:
It seems that the program lacks a calendar, keeping it out of the possibility of being the elusive note program that functions as a full PIM.
[...]
============
Or do you have to go to an Outlook-style PIM or a Calendar program to try to get that?
Even though these are all weak on notes and/or database.-Steven Avery (January 06, 2015, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Astonsoft's EssentialPIM (EPIM) didn't float your boat?  I'm wondering whether it's now more future-proof and versatile than some others, because Astonsoft offer not only standard and portable versions for the PC, including free versions, but compatible versions for Android and iOS.  Given the popularity of smartphones and tablets, that looks a sound move.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version