ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Directory Opus Upgrade w/ Double Disount - Expires 1-1-2015

<< < (2/2)

y2kusuma:
Redemption of an upgrade discount invalidates your previous Directory Opus licence.

Deal breaker for me.
-y2kusuma (December 21, 2014, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Strange, I have v11 running on my main machine and my old v10, (that I upgraded to v11), running on another both say they are licensed and the v10 keeps telling me that it is the current v10 version and that I can upgrade to v11, (ie. it has internet access, still checks for updates, and does license verification).

All I can say is, the upgrade didn't invalidate my previous v10 license but it does stop me from trying to upgrade that v10 license again.

The License Manager shows that the main program license "Never expires":
 (see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (December 21, 2014, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your info.
This is what I saw when I tried to upgrade :

Jibz:
I was holding off upgrading as it was too expensive but I went ahead with it after this further discount.
-dluby (December 22, 2014, 01:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here -- to me, this offer made it worth upgrading.

mwb1100:
All I can say is, the upgrade didn't invalidate my previous v10 license but it does stop me from trying to upgrade that v10 license again.
-4wd (December 21, 2014, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that while the license file you have for v10 still will work, you're not supposed to use v10 one one machine and use v11 on another. The v11 upgrade 'replaces' the upgraded license from a EULA point of view.

Scott_Y:
Redemption of an upgrade discount invalidates your previous Directory Opus licence.
Deal breaker for me.
-y2kusuma (December 21, 2014, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think that while the license file you have for v10 still will work, you're not supposed to use v10 one one machine and use v11 on another. The v11 upgrade 'replaces' the upgraded license from a EULA point of view.
-mwb1100 (December 22, 2014, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, this is standard for software upgrades -- it replaces an existing license; it does not provide an additional license to be used on an additional computer. To see the cost savings of an upgrade, compare the upgrade price to that of a new license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version