ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

Program Idea: Configurable application launcher

<< < (3/3)

Writer:
Thank you for your responses, app103 and Milesahead.

I tried BrowserBunch again, but it does not seem to work, so I think I might be doing something wrong. This is what I have tried: After placing BrowserBunch in the Roaming folder on my Windows 7 machine, I used the /setup key to add Chrome, Aurora and IE to the buttons. But, when I click on an URL, it continues to open up in IE, which is my default browser.

I need to keep IE as my default because of the many Intranet pages I visit every working day. However, I prefer Chrome for email and for sites which I expect to later read on a tablet . I use Aurora for a bunch of other sites.

MilesAhead:
Thank you for your responses, app103 and Milesahead.

I tried BrowserBunch again, but it does not seem to work, so I think I might be doing something wrong. This is what I have tried: After placing BrowserBunch in the Roaming folder on my Windows 7 machine, I used the /setup key to add Chrome, Aurora and IE to the buttons. But, when I click on an URL, it continues to open up in IE, which is my default browser.

I need to keep IE as my default because of the many Intranet pages I visit every working day. However, I prefer Chrome for email and for sites which I expect to later read on a tablet . I use Aurora for a bunch of other sites.
-Writer (December 15, 2014, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

BrowserBunch does not intercept url launch.  You need to use the ahk script I posted.  With that script running, highlight the url then press Control Shift F4 to launch BrowserBunch, then select browser.  You may change the hotkeys but you will need to look in ahk help for the codes.  See the key names section on this page.

Browser Chooser works by making itself the default browser.  I looked into trying that for my program and found that the registry html associations were an undocumented mess.  That's why I did it the other way.  :)

MilesAhead:
Note that a big drawback to doing a browser utility from the "outside" rather than writing an AddOn is, in this case, selecting the text can only get that text into the clipboard.  If it is just a label for a link there's no way I know to get the actual link.

On the other hand if I wrote say, a Firefox AddOn, I don't know if I could use it to launch external programs.

MilesAhead:
Note that if you would like to launch selected text as url arg to BrowserBunch you don't really need all that EditorGroup stuff.  This should work fine from any active window that allows you to select text.  The hotkey is Control Shift F4.

--- ---; Launch BrowserBunch with Selection as arg
^+F4::
  ClipSave := Clipboard
  Clipboard := ""
  Send, ^c
  ClipWait,2
  ; set BrowserBunch path for your system
  Run C:\Utils\BrowserBunch\BrowserBunch.exe %Clipboard%
  Clipboard := ClipSave
return

Navigation

[0] Message Index