ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Image Manager Shootout

Pre-review Discussion for Graphics Viewers Review

<< < (12/13) > >>

nudone:
ha, ha. great to see all those screens again. i started on photoshop 3, stuck with version 4 and ignored 5 for some unknown reason. now i'm up to date.

i just wanted to say that i really did enjoy looking at the previous versions prior to what i had.

dude, how sad is that?

Miles:
Although it's primarily a printing program, you might like to have a look at Qimage: http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/  I tend to use it as my graphics viewer because I'm usually viewing stuff prior to printing. I also use it for most routine editing, I only open up Photoshop for really serious edits and manipulations. Certainly, it's software produced and supported in a way which would be appreciated on this forum.

nudone:
excellent, Miles.

i shall certainly give it a go. it certainly sounds interesting.

zridling:
ACDSee 8 does away with requiring a database altogether if you prefer. JP, I think you'll like its Smart Select option in its file manager. One of the BIG reasons I prefer ACDSee is because I can view and edit a huge number of photos very quickly. However, I use the thumbnail view (8 horizontal). When you have over 440,000 photos and movies like I do, you need something to sift through them and not choke.

Scott:
Do you mean to say that "ACDSee 8 will do away", rather than "does away"?  Or is it available in beta somewhere?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version