ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Spoilers Are Fun !!

(1/2) > >>

crabby3:
Spoilers are fun... but only if they work.  I think mine stopped opening around 3 months ago.

my info:  Windows Vista   Home Premium-SP2   Intel Core 2 Duo CPU    T6400 @ 2.00GHz    4GB RAM    64-bit        Windows Internet Explorer 9

Any suggestions are welcome.   :)

eleman:
my info:  Windows Vista   Home Premium-SP2   Intel Core 2 Duo CPU    T6400 @ 2.00GHz    4GB RAM    64-bit        Windows Internet Explorer 9

Any suggestions are welcome.   :)
-crabby3 (December 09, 2014, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually anything would be welcome after that :)

SeraphimLabs:
Reload that machine with Windows 7 64-bit home premium or professional, and use either Chrome or Firefox.

Without even changing the hardware, you'll experience computing like never before.

Though it probably would be worth considering a new build. Something in the Haswell family from Intel with 8-16GB of ram and 64-bit Windows 7. Windows 8 is not recommended for desktops unless you are building for a kid who is used to smarphones, and Windows (9) 10 is probably going to be a disaster.

superboyac:
Reload that machine with Windows 7 64-bit home premium or professional, and use either Chrome or Firefox.

Without even changing the hardware, you'll experience computing like never before.

Though it probably would be worth considering a new build. Something in the Haswell family from Intel with 8-16GB of ram and 64-bit Windows 7. Windows 8 is not recommended for desktops unless you are building for a kid who is used to smarphones, and Windows (9) 10 is probably going to be a disaster.
-SeraphimLabs (December 09, 2014, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Other than strange interface differences (tiles, settings in weird places), what are the advantages of Windows 7 vs 8?

wraith808:

-SeraphimLabs (December 09, 2014, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Telling someone to reload their machine with a different operating system doesn't seem like the desired solution to a particular software problem that's just emergent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version