ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Quick method to do simple task -must be a one click fix for those who need it :)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jibz:
There are patch generators that could do something similar, but I think using an inno setup installer to do it is a good idea -- it is likely to be left alone by most AV software.

MilesAhead:

@questorfla: I really think just a post in one forum or the other is sufficient to bring us out of the woodwork ;)
-4wd (December 06, 2014, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that a pledge to polish off his problem?  I'm sure he was just paranoid his query wood gather dust.  I mean he doesn't seem like the type to go against the grain.  ;)

questorfla:
OMG!  LMAO!  Thanks so much you guys.  I think the issue is time differences.  I never consider that where some of you are it is still sleepy time.  I had a bunch of frantic people who needed that stupid cfg file edited to a new IP and not one of them is smart enough to just turn on hidden files and manually edit the stupid thing so I spent hours trying to find a way to beat MS at hiding stuff.

The ULTIMATE WINNER was the inno solution and I thank you very much Mr. ATH for that nifty compiler and if you had not taken the time to create that example script I would probably have never been able to figure it out soon enough.

These are people who cannot even extract a ZIP file ( I am dead serious!) so even with a working solution, I still had issues with a bunch of them as they kept trying to run it from inside the zip which was still in the attachment of their email.

The fact I told them NOT to do that and told them specifically how to extract it in the same email notwithstanding.
Anyway, I like the proggy and probably will get the paid version from the site as I can see it being useful again one day.

I have another quick post but it is a different subject so I will run it up the flagpole on another header.
Thanks again to all.

4wd:

@questorfla: I really think just a post in one forum or the other is sufficient to bring us out of the woodwork ;)
-4wd (December 06, 2014, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that a pledge to polish off his problem?  I'm sure he was just paranoid his query wood gather dust.  I mean he doesn't seem like the type to go against the grain.  ;)
-MilesAhead (December 07, 2014, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking more of the possible answers all being in one place ... as questorfla has demonstrated by answering his other topic but not this one, and I've also been caught out by the same :)

To access files protected by UAC, it still requires the end-user to run PowerShell 'As Administrator', and that is what the OP is trying to avoid, IMHO...-Ath (December 07, 2014, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

DUH!  I forgot I don't have a password on the Admin account on this machine, so creating a shortcut with the command worked fine.  Oh well ...

Ath:
I like the proggy and probably will get the paid version from the site
-questorfla (December 07, 2014, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Their policy is very much DC-like: You can use the software for free and donate if, when and what you want, and can afford :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version