ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Quick method to do simple task -must be a one click fix for those who need it :)

<< < (2/4) > >>

questorfla:
If you got it you may see an easier way to do this.
I swear I almost used AHK or some other mouse move capture this is SO easy and simple but if I were to show any of these people HOW to get into hidden files and get Admin permission to their own system it would be opening Pandora's Box for sure!

I can't even email them a corrected copy since THEY could not copy it to a folder they cannot see or have permission to write to.  Yet I KNOW there has to be a simpler way to do this.  I just can't seem to find it.  Probably TOO easy.

At this point though, the Best fix is going to be one I can zip up and email only to the ones who could not run it from the site where I keep utilities for them to use.

Ath:
The trouble with doing this with AHK is you have to persuade your user(s) to run the exe As Administrator, and that's automatic for an (Inno Setup and other brands) installer, because of the manifest included in the exe :)

Ath:
I've PM-ed you an Inno Setup script that, after some minor customization, can be compiled into a .exe file for sending to your customers/users.

4wd:
There's also Windows Powershell, good for anything Win7 or later, (since it's already installed):

--- Code: Text ---powershell -Command "(gc test.cfg) -replace '12.34.56.78', '12.34.56.90' | Out-File test.cfg"
@questorfla: I really think just a post in one forum or the other is sufficient to bring us out of the woodwork ;)

Ath:
There's also Windows Powershell, good for anything Win7 or later, (since it's already installed):
-4wd (December 06, 2014, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
To access files protected by UAC, it still requires the end-user to run PowerShell 'As Administrator', and that is what the OP is trying to avoid, IMHO...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version