ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tips for dial-up Internet Speeds?

<< < (5/5)

tomos:
THanks App - not at home now, so things working...

I added snailify, the m.gmail looks good.
Found this - How to Access Mobile Websites Using Your Desktop Browser and added the suggested addon. Havent restarted yet, so will see.

@Target ;D

Also downloading kmeleon as I type :up:

TaoPhoenix:
Heh I've seen Target's pic before. : )

Kudos to App for whatever that thingie is called from Google.
Yeah, the results look a little weird, but I can see that could be useful in a pinch not for just slow internet speeds, but maybe for a few of the sites that have gone too script heavy.

(Those sliders and other things are getting worse. You saw Wikipedia's grow like a tribble!! Increasing numbers of other sites CHEER IF YOU LIKE DONATION CODER! are really determined not to have you actually read their content!)

app103:
Kudos to App for whatever that thingie is called from Google.
Yeah, the results look a little weird, but I can see that could be useful in a pinch not for just slow internet speeds, but maybe for a few of the sites that have gone too script heavy.
-TaoPhoenix (December 04, 2014, 10:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was supposed to be for use by mobile phone users when they hit sites that don't work well on their phones, formatted to fit their smaller screens, and without all the scripting their phone might not support or be able to handle. I discovered it a long time ago, when looking around for stuff I could use with my old Pocket PC.

But the whole idea of it translates well to those on old slow computers and/or on slow connections, which is why I made frequent use of it back in 2008 when I was stuck using a seriously outdated machine. Funny how something meant for modern devices could work so well at giving an old pc from 1997 a new life.  :)

4wd:
And then there's this thing, listed full size in all its pain!
 (see attachment in previous post)-TaoPhoenix (December 03, 2014, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

You do know you can avoid that banner by using the Wikipedia site in another language, don't you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version