ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Pledge - Some Kind of Unique Productivity Tool

<< < (3/3)

dr_andus:
Someone just pointed me to this site, Index Card Apps | A Listly List, which offers a bit of overview about some currently existing index card apps.

mouser:
Great find, dr. andus -- i need to go through that list carefully..

ginger:
Just some thoughts... I was recently trying to encourage my daughter (who's a student) to start a physical card index - to note down important concepts - so that in future years, she will be able to easily reference key facts/concepts that are relevant to her work.
-However, what struck me, is that the immediate disadvantage of a purely physical card index is: that it can get lost or damaged - (and with it years of precious collation of info). So that's a major advantage of 'creating the index' on a computer and then printing it out.
-The major advantage of a physical card index - is that it's physical - i.e. that somehow - the physical container of the box and the cards within it - are more real than a file on a computer - and thus bring what is on the cards 'to life'. I think part of that is, that the cards don't have so much written on them (because of usually being written in a larger hand written font). So somehow making the card designs as 'physical' as possible. In this vein, as well as larger easy-to-read-fonts, maybe could be an enhancement over handwritten, e.g. might have space and an easy process to put a bit of relevant clip art on them, in a specific location on the card, to reinforce the card contents - or a simple mind map. Being able to make the cards, aesthetically 'beautiful' e.g. with font/background/card border colours might be really useful as well.

Sounds like it's going to be fabulous - looking forward to sending to daughter to try out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version