ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

A couple games to giveaway: Insurgency (Steam) and Witcher 2 (gog)

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
I would really appreciate one  :-[
-InvaderWiz (December 04, 2014, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

These sorts of giveaways are for members of the community, so usually limited to people that have been around and active, rather than that sign up for the giveaway.  Sorry.

40hz:
@Wraith et al - I was wondering if it might be a good idea if the DC gamers could come up with (and possibly vote?) on some standard boilerplate that could just be pasted into these sorts of offers? Maybe something like "This offer is open to active Donation Coder members who have been registered for at least three months and have made at least five posts" - or something like that.

That way it wouldn't be sprung on some unsuspecting newcomer after the fact. :)

wraith808:
@Wraith et al - I was wondering if it might be a good idea if the DC gamers could come up with (and possibly vote?) on some standard boilerplate that could just be pasted into these sorts of offers? Maybe something like "This offer is open to active Donation Coder members who have been registered for at least three months and have made at least five posts" - or something like that.

That way it wouldn't be sprung on some unsuspecting newcomer after the fact. :)
-40hz (December 04, 2014, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good idea...  :Thmbsup: I usually do, but didn't on this one.  Another idea is to put these in a member only forum so that it doesn't come up on google searches.

40hz:
so that it doesn't come up on google searches.
-wraith808 (December 04, 2014, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Even better! :Thmbsup:

mwb1100:
Actually, I gave my Insurgency key to the newcomer.  There didn't seem to be much interest here or on another site I posted, so I didn't really think twice about being taken advantage of.

The key was going to go to waste anyway, and InvaderWiz seemed genuinely happy and appreciative so I think it's a win even if we never see him participate on DC again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version