ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sponsor me! 100 miles in 10 Days for Charity

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
Choose your own encouragement:

If you haven't finished your last ten miles
Go Allen! You can do it, rah rah!

If you've already finished
You did it! Hooray! You're so awesome! Great job sticking it through to the end!

allen:
Thanks guys! Afterwards, I swore I'd never do it again. And wasn't sure I ever wanted to run again.

A few days later I was running again. (Duh)

And now I'm doing it again. Sigh. :)

SeraphimLabs:
10 miles x 10 days in a row?
That sounds crazy.  I'm going to donate but i'd still feel better if you didn't try to complete it if it risks injury.
-mouser (September 02, 2014, 09:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've hiked 15 miles in a single day while carrying 80+lb of gear. Didn't even take me all day to do, I had it covered in perhaps 5 hours.

If you've practiced for this and have the right equipment along with friends along the way in case anything goes wrong, its perfectly safe and can be a lie-changing experience to do.

He's got plenty of time- at a typical human running speed in the 8-12 MPH range it probably won't be much more than 2 hours a day of travelling sustained for the 10 days.

allen:
10 miles x 10 days in a row?
That sounds crazy.  I'm going to donate but i'd still feel better if you didn't try to complete it if it risks injury.
-mouser (September 02, 2014, 09:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
He's got plenty of time- at a typical human running speed in the 8-12 MPH range it probably won't be much more than 2 hours a day of travelling sustained for the 10 days.
-SeraphimLabs (December 05, 2014, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

It adds up to well more than my usual weekly mileage, but I'm good for it. 10 miles is really no problem (except finding the time!) but after several consecutive days without rest it takes its toll.

At least I'll be traveling with well under 80lbs of gear!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version