ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Coding at a rate of 240 words per minute

<< < (2/3) > >>

Edvard:
240 words per minute?!?! 

Maybe y'all need to ease up a bit:
http://jaxenter.com/slow-programming-112923.html
Because programmers don’t just type out code. The act of engineering software is more than just hammering line after line of software into a computer, like laying bricks.
--- End quote ---

I wrote about it here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=39720.0

Geez folks, grab a hammock and code easy...

app103:

Geez folks, grab a hammock and code easy...

-Edvard (December 02, 2014, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

But if you have the skills, the equipment, and the software, what reason can you give not to use stenotype? Isn't that like advocating hunt & peck over touch typing?

wraith808:
But if you have the skills, the equipment, and the software, what reason can you give not to use stenotype? Isn't that like advocating hunt & peck over touch typing?
-app103 (December 03, 2014, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does phonetics cover everything that you would need in a programming environment... really?  Especially with the use of templates and snippets and shortcuts.

app103:
-app103 (December 03, 2014, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does phonetics cover everything that you would need in a programming environment... really?  Especially with the use of templates and snippets and shortcuts.
-wraith808 (December 03, 2014, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

She did go into that in the video, explaining the concept and usage of a personal dictionary.

wraith808:
I will admit... it's 34 minutes, so I didn't watch the whole thing.  If someone wants to use it... more power to them.  But it doesn't look like something I'd use nor advocate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version