ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

LINUX - Mint 17.1 (Rebecca) ISOs are now available for download

(1/3) > >>

40hz:
Mint recently announced the release of the 17.1 update (Rebecca) to their latest LTS edition. It offers some interesting and worthwhile updates to Qiana. Both the Cinnamon and MATE versions are now available.

Those wishing to upgrade from version 17.0 will not need to do a full reinstall:

Upgrade instructions:

* If you want to upgrade from Linux Mint 17.1 RC, simply launch the Update Manager and install any Level 1 update available.

*  If you want to upgrade from Linux Mint 17, please wait for a few days while we release a new version of the Update Manager to you. In the meantime, you do not need to download or to reinstall anything. We’ll make announcements next week when this is ready.
--- End quote ---

FWIW they're running a little late with the Update Manager...erm...update? Target release is now the first week of December. Worth the wait if you want 17.1 since it saves a lot of work over a doing a clean reinstall.

I'm writing this in a live session of the Cinnamon version right now. It seems noticeably faster than 17.0 even though it's running off a USB key. Can't wait to see what it's like running off the hard drive.

8)

Deozaan:
Still eagerly awaiting the release of 17.1 XFCE. (c:

rgdot:
What's a good backup utility (except the built in one, don't ask...) to make it pain free to move up from Mint 13?

Deozaan:
Is it true that you can just backup your user directory/partition and then copy those files back after an upgrade. I've heard rumors to that effect about Linux distros, but never tried that, since I'm pretty much always using it in a VM and it's easy enough for me to simply wipe and reinstall.

40hz:
What's a good backup utility (except the built in one, don't ask...) to make it pain free to move up from Mint 13?
-rgdot (December 02, 2014, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Take a look at this. See the section C1. "Fresh" upgrades

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version