ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Tips for dial-up Internet Speeds?

<< < (2/5) > >>

4wd:
Pale Moon still has it, but not the per site blocking.

Firefox has gone retarded but you can still do it, go to about:config and change permissions.default.image to 2.

Only thing is, you won't able to load images on demand.

For pure text based browsing: Lynx

It will drive you nuts though and it doesn't understand HTTPS, (not without adding the OpenSSL libraries).

And, Comodo Dragon still has per site image blocking.

TaoPhoenix:
Pale Moon still has it, but not the per site blocking.

-4wd (December 01, 2014, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
I thought that just blocking popups was different from blocking all images at all, which is what I thought we were trying to do here.

And yeah, I'd tried Lynx a ways back, and for the same reasons the effort is not normally worth it unless you have extreme cases like a mainframe with a terminal or something.

4wd:
That setting handles loading of images, if you set it to Never it will block all images - nothing to do with popups, (unless they include images and you've allowed popups).

Here's my post above with it set to Never:

tomos:
Thanks 4wd
was thinking I could have two Firefox profiles -- one which loads images, one not.

Loading images on demand would be the best solution -- but this is good :Thmbsup:

4wd:
If you want to get really serious about stopping images loading, (or anything else), try the QuickJava addon.

Allows quick enable and disable of Java, Javascript, Cookies, Image Animations, Flash, Silverlight, Images, Stylesheets and Proxy from the Toolbar. This is great for increasing security or decreasing bandwidth.
--- End quote ---

Loading images on demand would be the best solution-tomos (December 02, 2014, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I don't understand why the idiots at least don't allow the loading of an image when you click on the placeholder, just like you used to be able to.

Technology ... going backwards every day.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version