ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Game Giveaway - Teleglitch: Die More Edition

(1/2) > >>

Deozaan:
Hi folks,

I have an extra copy of Teleglitch: Die More Edition that I'm offering to any supporting DC member or anyone who had an account as of yesterday.

Let me know if you want it and it's yours. First come, first served. :)

40hz:
^I have no need for the game but I just went over and took a look at it. Love that unusual unfolding perspective thing it does as you move around. Very cool!  :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
You mean the field of view/lighting? Yeah, it's a neat trick. From the looks of it, each room just has a large, tall, black box near the top of it that extends toward the camera. So when you move at an angle it looks like shadows, but when you get close to it, it looks like the light finally reaches there. Clever. :)

40hz:
You mean the field of view/lighting? Yeah, it's a neat trick. From the looks of it, each room just has a large, tall, black box near the top of it that extends toward the camera. So when you move at an angle it looks like shadows, but when you get close to it, it looks like the light finally reaches there. Clever. :)
-Deozaan (November 24, 2014, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Neat trick is an understatement IMO. That’s what immediately caught my eye. And I'm pretty jaded by now. 8)

Deozaan:
I suppose it's also computationally cheaper to do it that way than to figure out dynamic lighting each frame. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version