ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

programmes that use little system resources.

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
Hm, if OpenOffice isn't JAVA at it's core, there's really *no* excuse for it being so slow and bloated.

JavaJones:
Agreed f0dder. I'd really like to see someone make OOo.org leaner and more efficient. It seems like they've done pretty well as far as functionality to this point. Now if they focus on optimization they'd have a real winner.

- Oshyan

tomos:
hey, thanks everyone for all the help & advice ;D

I'm downloading stuff as I write.
I have the Atlantis nova, def. have a Acrobat 5 on disk somewhere. Using processexp myself, (didnt realise no taskmanager in 98)
Going to try the Offbyone browser, wont have to worry bout flashblock with that! Reckon its fine for a beginner ;)

Happy to get the links for portable stuff - Floppy office has an email client as well, super!
anyone know what portablepolyedit.sfx.exe is? found something in Russian bout it ...

Ultimately you'll probably have to make some sacrifices to get decent functionality with low resource use these days. For example using Wordpad for all document editing - very basic, but hey it works! ;) If this is acceptable then all should be well. Otherwise tell 'em to spend just a couple hundred bucks and upgrade.-JavaJones (June 09, 2006, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

True for ya!

Yeah, re-Office, i find it very slow - use wordprocessers very little myself but its always nice to find smaller faster programmes no matter how much memoryetc. you have. (I find myself struggling at times with 512)
thanks all again,
tom

rjbull:
I forgot to ask about an email client??!!
-tomos (June 09, 2006, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

GeminiSoft Pimmy?  See DC thread here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version