ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

ShareX - Open source screen capturing/recording and sharing software

<< < (2/2)

Jaex:
Hi... I'm trying to use ShareX to record the screen using command line.
First I open ShareX in portable mode with
ShareX.exe -portable
to configure the video codec, fps and other stuff, and it works just fine with the following command

ShareX.exe -portable -silent -ScreenRecorder -AutoClose "d:/temp/record.mp4"
This works fine except the output file path, it always records on the folder and with the pattern specified in settings. How can I set the output file by command line?

Also I'd like to know if it is possible to avoid the area selection before the record begins, I want to record the whole screen automatically without user interaction.

and thanks for this awesome piece of software!

-vcardenas (December 10, 2014, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
I suggest you to use FFmpeg CLI directly so you would have full control on it. ShareX using that in background.

sujayg:
Thanks for Sharex , its a very nice tool

- Can a hotkey for Screen Recording to imgur be implemented. The existing hotkey only maps to ffmpeg . I tried adding a new hotkey , but cant find anything for the Screen Recording imgur

Jaex:
Thanks for Sharex , its a very nice tool

- Can a hotkey for Screen Recording to imgur be implemented. The existing hotkey only maps to ffmpeg . I tried adding a new hotkey , but cant find anything for the Screen Recording imgur

-sujayg (January 17, 2015, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can already set hotkey for GIF and Imgur:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version