ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New square monitor (27" 1920x1920)

<< < (5/8) > >>

bit:
I'd rather swivel my head side-to-side than nod my head up and down all day long.
-Deozaan (November 24, 2014, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

it's really true -- moving the head/eyes vertically is *MUCH* more uncomfortable than horizontal movement.
-mouser (November 24, 2014, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

You two ain't gonna last long in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Spock: He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking.
-4wd (November 24, 2014, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
^ ;D

TaoPhoenix:
Until it died, I had a "slightly more vertical" widescreen monitor, and I get the extra vertical room. But I'm far from sure a pure square layout is the answer either!!

I now have a "more wide" widescreen ... when you get birthday presents you just have to adapt ...

I vaguely think I miss the vertical room, but only about three apps I use really aggressively used the ratio. I wouldn't want a pure square.

If nothing else, on a horo monitor, you can "hide" windows in the last couple of inches. a square isn't so easy to do that with.

Stoic Joker:
So now that the layout for most applications is designed for a wide screen interface they're going to recoil back into a completely square screen???
-Stoic Joker (November 24, 2014, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Several of my favourite software are modular, where you can either rearrange panes manually (e.g. PDF-Xchange Editor or ConnectedText) or portrait/landscape mode can be toggled (e.g. Dopus). Maybe the square layout would encourage developers more to make their software to suit both portrait, landscape, and square views.-dr_andus (November 24, 2014, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, sure (me too), that's what you can do. But it's not what you should have to do every time you open something.

Renegade:
I'd rather swivel my head side-to-side than nod my head up and down all day long.
--- End quote ---

it's really true -- moving the head/eyes vertically is *MUCH* more uncomfortable than horizontal movement.
-mouser (November 24, 2014, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't have that problem. Actually, I find it harder on my neck to work on screen where I need to look left/right.

But I sit back a fair ways, and I don't use my neck to scan up/down - just my eyes.

Reclining also helps if you have a chair that does that. You can then use that to adjust where you look without moving your eyes/neck. But the main advantage of reclining is the distance you get that eliminates the need to move your neck at all. (Similar for swiveling.)

But, just my own experience.

phitsc:
I think these would be great for programming and I'd very much like to have a pair. I'm very curious to learn what they'll cost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version