ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New square monitor (27" 1920x1920)

<< < (4/8) > >>

Deozaan:
I'd rather swivel my head side-to-side than nod my head up and down all day long.
-Deozaan (November 24, 2014, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, you are not a "yes man"?  :P
-app103 (November 24, 2014, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, ma'am! :P

Stoic Joker:
So now that the layout for most applications is designed for a wide screen interface they're going to recoil back into a completely square screen???

:wallbash:

dr_andus:
a square #3 there would really be nice.
-Renegade (November 23, 2014, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have a similar setup to yours but I'd probably want it for #1, to expand the portrait mode space, so e.g. two browser windows or two Word/PDF etc. documents could be viewed side-by-side.

I don't like the additional vertical space because it forces me to scan upwards also.
-wraith808 (November 23, 2014, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's the downside, but there is an upside too. More visibility and less scrolling of web pages, documents, lists etc.

So now that the layout for most applications is designed for a wide screen interface they're going to recoil back into a completely square screen???
-Stoic Joker (November 24, 2014, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Several of my favourite software are modular, where you can either rearrange panes manually (e.g. PDF-Xchange Editor or ConnectedText) or portrait/landscape mode can be toggled (e.g. Dopus). Maybe the square layout would encourage developers more to make their software to suit both portrait, landscape, and square views.

40hz:
I want four of them. :)

4wd:
I'd rather swivel my head side-to-side than nod my head up and down all day long.
-Deozaan (November 24, 2014, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

it's really true -- moving the head/eyes vertically is *MUCH* more uncomfortable than horizontal movement.
-mouser (November 24, 2014, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

You two ain't gonna last long in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Spock: He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version