ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New square monitor (27" 1920x1920)

<< < (3/8) > >>

wraith808:
I don't like the additional vertical space because it forces me to scan upwards also.  I have 4 monitors side by side, and the motion to scan across them is more natural to me than scanning upward.  I know, because originally I was going to do 4 in a grid- but there were quite a few problems with that setup, both in use and physically.

Deozaan:
I'd rather swivel my head side-to-side than nod my head up and down all day long.

mouser:
I'd rather swivel my head side-to-side than nod my head up and down all day long.
--- End quote ---

it's really true -- moving the head/eyes vertically is *MUCH* more uncomfortable than horizontal movement.

app103:
Side to side eye motion is something we have been trained since childhood to do, when we first started reading.

I suppose in those countries where text is written vertically, they are used to a different eye movement and would find it easier than side to side.

-Deozaan (November 24, 2014, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, you are not a "yes man"?  :P

Bending_Unit:
Had they released this monitor 2 years ago i would have been interested.

These days with 2560x.... and 3840x2160 i have to say i have moved on.

If they were going to release 3840x3840 however ...  hmmmm - maybe in two years.   :D

Of course the format is not for gaming or videos but for websites its just great. Seriously all those websites wasting space to the left and to the right but making you scroll down.
Just because it looks sleek? Thanks for having DonationCoder still using fullscreen by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version