ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

<< < (7/9) > >>

mouser:
Really looking forward to this.

Some quick thoughts:
What about checking what directory the installer is being run from?  If it's wrapped i'm guessing that its being dumped in a temp directory before being launched -- that would be a big clue, and perhaps the only one you actually need?

What have you found for these common adware wrappers? Are they exiting when they launch the real installer, so you don't have access to their info? or can you get the filename of the parent process that launched the installer?

pillbug:

mouser:
My gut feeling tells me the safest, last resort, way to approach this sort of issue is to prompt the user for the installer file used, compare that with what the system says your installer's exe path is, and proceed accordingly.
--- End quote ---

i don't like that.. too confusing.. BUT you could certainly give the developer who is calling the dll some options to pass to the check function to tell you what they want to do.

the safe thing might be instead of REFUSING to install (which is what i want), displaying a big warning to user but still giving them the OPTION to proceeed.

pillbug:

pillbug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version