ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release: WhenLast (Android app)

<< < (16/30) > >>

mouser:
New versions are uploaded for testers.

This version has reminders, but to facilitate testing, instead of operating on the scale of days they operate on the scale of minutes.
That makes them unusable for real life reminders, so this version is just for testing them out.
I will later convert the reminders/timers from minutes to days.

Some general notes on reminders:

* For testing purposes, the Last Time events show not just the date performed, but how long it's been since you performed a task; for testing purposes this is now in seconds+minutes, but like reminders it will be changed to days when the non-testing version is released.
* Im still not sure what info to display and what options i need to give user; on phones where space is tight some decision will have to be made.
* If you are using the app and it is the foreground window, when the reminder time comes for an event, you will see a short toast message on the screen about it, which will fade out.
* Overdue items will also automatically be listed in a "Reminders" tab; such items will show how long overdue they are.
* If you are not using WhenLast when an item reminder comes due, you will see an android notification message in your notification area; clicking on that will open the program and bring you to the reminders page.

Ath:
So far I like the way reminders work, but there are some notes:

* After a reminder has been 'activated', but no response has been made, I'd expect it to signal again after the original time has past. I realize this is one of the discussion items, above, but it (now) kinda feels natural, after some testing/use
* The resolution is now minutes, and planned to be defined in days, but I'd find it quite useful if it could (also) be set in hours, or maybe even in minutes. Maybe the unit of delay (minutes, hours, days, weeks) should be a parameter?(maybe some more notes later...)

mouser:
EDIT Again - I've added enough tabs to allow them to scroll on the screen, and Aquarium is still cutting off the number of tasks.
--- End quote ---
yeah it seems a bit of a quirk in the tab element -- ill see what i can do.

mouser:
The resolution is now minutes, and planned to be defined in days, but I'd find it quite useful if it could (also) be set in hours, or maybe even in minutes. Maybe the unit of delay (minutes, hours, days, weeks) should be a parameter?
--- End quote ---
done.

Updated; a few small bug fixes, but more importantly, you can now set the units for reminders (from seconds to years); this should make it possible for people to test the reminder feature but also to start using it for real reminder time periods.  You can also now toggle the reminder option for an entry without having to zero-out the remindertime.

mouser:
After a reminder has been 'activated', but no response has been made, I'd expect it to signal again after the original time has past. I realize this is one of the discussion items, above, but it (now) kinda feels natural, after some testing/use
--- End quote ---

if a reminder is ignored, you should be reminded again every time another HALF of the interval passes (but no more frequently than 1 minute).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version