ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

View first unread in thread?

<< < (6/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
Here on SMF software
when you click the "new" icon in topic list -
the display of the updated thread is being positioned
with the first unread post at top of the screen
in the list of sequential posts.
Isn't it on your side ?

-gri (November 24, 2014, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.  I just get the start of the thread.  Maybe that's the whole misunderstanding.  What I was doing was clicking last page then Go Down.  Now that I have preferences set to most recent post first in thread there's less to look through.  On some forums it is fine to have most recent post first but on this for some reason chronological felt more natural.  :)

No biggie.  :)

Edit:  Just to clarify, what I do is click "New Replies to your Posts" which brings up a list of threads.  Clicking one brings up the thread but at the thread start(when pref. set to chronological.)

KynloStephen66515:
I have  no input on this topic other than the following question...

Why is the topic "v\View" ... is it a typo, or did I miss something?

MilesAhead:
I have  no input on this topic other than the following question...

Why is the topic "v\View" ... is it a typo, or did I miss something?

-Stephen66515 (November 24, 2014, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on a Laptop.  It seems to like adding characters after I post.  How it accomplishes it I have no idea.  :(

Edit:  Subject line fixed (I think)

KynloStephen66515:
Ah, it wasn't just me going crazy then haha, I noticed it when you first posted, I just couldn't be bothered to ask :P

MilesAhead:
Ah, it wasn't just me going crazy then haha, I noticed it when you first posted, I just couldn't be bothered to ask :P
-Stephen66515 (November 24, 2014, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
  The typos seem to be fewer lately, but stealthier.  I can't kill them all.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version