ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

View first unread in thread?

<< < (2/7) > >>

gri:
If you use Windows 7 I recommend it.
-MilesAhead
--- End quote ---

I just wanted to clarify that testing is impossible without registration.

(I can not show publicly which OSes i am using.)

wraith808:
Most forums have a "view first unread" button for threads.  I found one reference to pressing the "new icon" to show the first unread in the thread.  Bit I don't see the icon or anything that looks like it will view the first unread post.  I've been hitting "Go Down" then backing up..  kind of awkward.  Is there a button that does the View First Unread in Thread function?
-MilesAhead (November 21, 2014, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

That new does the same thing.  It views the first post that is unread for you.  After you press it, that goes away... until someone posts again to that thread.  Am I misunderstanding your need?

MilesAhead:
Most forums have a "view first unread" button for threads.  I found one reference to pressing the "new icon" to show the first unread in the thread.  Bit I don't see the icon or anything that looks like it will view the first unread post.  I've been hitting "Go Down" then backing up..  kind of awkward.  Is there a button that does the View First Unread in Thread function?
-MilesAhead (November 21, 2014, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

That new does the same thing.  It views the first post that is unread for you.  After you press it, that goes away... until someone posts again to that thread.  Am I misunderstanding your need?
-wraith808 (November 21, 2014, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

What "new" are you talking about?  Say in this thread as example.  You just posted a new reply.  I log on and click "show new replies to your posts" and this thread has a link shown.  I click it.  But I don't see any "new" button or link inside the thread.  All I have to use is "go down."  In the other forums when I open a thread with new replies I can click "view first unread" since there may be 4 pages of new replies.

I gather everyone else can see something that's not showing in my browser.  At least that's how it feels?   :-\

wraith808:
I just go to show unread posts.. and it shows me a list of posts, each with a new beside it.

MilesAhead:
You are doing it outside the thread.  What I'm talking about is inside the thread instead of pressing Go Down there should be a link View First Unread (in thread) so that you are in position to read the unread posts of the thread without clicking a link for each.  To me it's way more convenient than a top/bottom of page which is all Go Up and Go Down is.  After all I have Home End keys already.

Not life shattering.  :)  But if you got accustomed to it I think you'd miss it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version