ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows services manager. such a thing?

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
Is there anything that will quickly allow me to toggle a bunch of services on and off?  For example, if I want to do a lot of photoshopping, I want to disable a bunch of unecessary services to speed things up.  Then I want to reenable them again once I'm done.  is there anything where I can make a few profiles or something and toggle them?

Ath:
AFAIK, App103 has created a tool like that, but I can't get to it atm

skwire:
Is there anything that will quickly allow me to toggle a bunch of services on and off?  For example, if I want to do a lot of photoshopping, I want to disable a bunch of unecessary services to speed things up.  Then I want to reenable them again once I'm done.  is there anything where I can make a few profiles or something and toggle them?-superboyac (November 20, 2014, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, you can do this with a couple of batch files and the "net stop <service name>" and "net start <service name>" commands.  However, you have perfect timing.  If you can wait until next month, this is what I'm working on for NANY this year:

windows services manager.  such a thing?

It's called Splat (Simple Profile Launcher Application Tool) and will allow you to build profiles that allow you create list of applications and services to start/close/kill.  You can insert delays based on number of seconds or cpu usage threshold.  Also, you can assign each profile a hotkey as well as use one hotkey to execute multiple profiles.  It's sort of like a GUI version of App's Lacuna Launcher.

Ath:
 :Thmbsup:

4wd:

Would it not be better to have the ability to chain from one profile to another rather than have one hotkey that calls two at the same time ...

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version