ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Latest Avast deleting Firefox add-ons

(1/3) > >>

dr_andus:
After having read this,

Latest Avast reportedly deleting Firefox add-ons - gHacks Tech News

I was determined to make a note of what FF extensions I use, so I booted my PC (Win7, 64) and sure enough, Avast had deleted pretty much all of them. Bummer... I can't even remember the names of most of them.

Is there a tool out there to back up FF add-ons, to make restoring less painful? Unfortunately I haven't created a FF account, so everything was local to this PC... Would that have helped?

---

P.S. Oh, I see, one answer was in the article: MozBackup Updated, Backup Firefox - gHacks Tech News. Unfortunately Avast was quicker than me...

40hz:
There also the FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) add-on. It's what I use.

dr_andus:
There also the FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) add-on. It's what I use.
-40hz (November 17, 2014, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. Also saw it afterwards mentioned in the above article's comments, will give it a try.

As for Avast!, this was a firing offence in my book... Uninstalled it, and installing AVG Free as we speak.

Stoic Joker:
I stopped using/endorsing Avast a few years back when it decided to just up and (FP) delete all of an accounting firms tax software one fine morning in April..

dr_andus:
It looks like Avast only removed the extensions but not the actual settings of each extension (maybe FF was the clever one to keep that data somewhere safe?), so thank goodness I didn't have to reconfigure the extensions individually after I reinstalled them (the ones that I remembered that is...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version