ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Speed record by a rocket-bicycle

(1/2) > >>

Giampy:
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/watch-rocket-man-francois-gissy-hits-207-mph-on-a-rocketpowered-bicycle-in-less-than-48-seconds-to-create-a-new-world-record/512294-79.html

Giampy:
I believe that Francois Gissy will soon become the new logo of Irfanview...

SeraphimLabs:
Its not really a bicycle though with an engine like that- he couldn't possibly pedal it at that speed with any kind of efect.

No, its really a motorcycle built out of a bicycle frame. One that probably should not be street legal.

Stoic Joker:
Well... It did have a bellcrank he could (pretend...) try with so I'm ok(ish) with calling the rocket bike a "bicycle". But I will agree it has no business being on the street unless he's looking to paint the side of a building with his remains.

MilesAhead:
Are there any stills that show details of the machine?  The rear facing video view gives the impression he fired the rockets from a standing start.  I find that hard to believe unless he was running some hefty gyroscope.  Unless the video is edited.  Otherwise I'd expect the thing to fish tail and skitter across the raceway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version