ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where do you buy your printer ink?

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I read somewhere lasers can change the color of metal by the wavelength of the cut-scan.
Not sure what could be done with paper, but perhaps a partial effect like 'smokey color' could be produced (just wild conjecture).
-bit (November 20, 2014, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just hope the smoke doesn't rise up out of the printer while running.  I'd hate to have to atone to the boss for that.  :)

Stoic Joker:
But I don't remember how laser printers work..-MilesAhead (November 18, 2014, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

(condensed version)Laser draws image on drum, drum picks up toner where laser has altered the drum's charge, drum transfers image to paper, fuser (or fixing unit as they are sometimes called) melts toner into paper.

Side note: In certain really cold environments a laser printer will emit a visible amount of steam when the paper comes out if the humidity is high enough for the paper to be just a tiny bit moist ... Oh the fun we had on that service call..

MilesAhead:
^ Interesting.  Thanks for the refresher.  :)

bit:
But I don't remember how laser printers work..-MilesAhead (November 18, 2014, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

(condensed version)Laser draws image on drum, drum picks up toner where laser has altered the drum's charge, drum transfers image to paper, fuser (or fixing unit as they are sometimes called) melts toner into paper.

Side note: In certain really cold environments a laser printer will emit a visible amount of steam when the paper comes out if the humidity is high enough for the paper to be just a tiny bit moist ... Oh the fun we had on that service call..
-Stoic Joker (November 21, 2014, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
I always thought the laser beamed directly onto the paper and the ink was magically transferred to the paper somehow.  :huh:

crabby3:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (November 21, 2014, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Laser vs inkjet... which is a better value?  Sounds like laser printers would be more precise and give finer detail.
My only experience is inkjet.  Occasionally I print something... maybe once every 2-years.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version