ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Where do you buy your printer ink?

<< < (2/6) > >>

app103:
Doesn't have your tanks though, sorry, what model is the printer?
-4wd (November 15, 2014, 12:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

PIXMA MG5520

cranioscopical:
Just a note of caution.

A few years back I decided to save money by using non-Canon ink.
I bought from one of the 'better' suppliers (I don't want to mention any names as I don't want a supplier blamed for what might be a one-in-a-thousand event).
First set was fine.
Second set was fine.
Third set screwed up the printer to the point where it was useless.

So, for me, potential savings were far outweighed by replacement equipment cost.

bit:
That said, I am curious where you guys buy your printer ink.
What I need is for you to speak from experience, offering only those sellers that you have purchased from, that in your opinion gave you a great deal on a great product, that was as described.
So, can you steer me in the right direction?
-app103 (November 14, 2014, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Before our 4-in-1 printer-scanner died, I found an excellent source at CastleInk.
I speak absolutely from personal experience they have great prices and wide selection.

BTW, I recently saw a promo for a 'conceptual printer' that ran on solar power and 'printed' by 'tanning' (i.e. 'moderately burning') the paper with a laser; turned out the promo was at least 1 or 2 years old and apparently going nowhere.
I wouldn't care if it ran off a wall outlet instead of solar, but I would be interested if somebody would show me where to buy something like that for a reasonable price.

questorfla:
Amazon of course :)

app103:
Just a note of caution.

A few years back I decided to save money by using non-Canon ink.
I bought from one of the 'better' suppliers (I don't want to mention any names as I don't want a supplier blamed for what might be a one-in-a-thousand event).
First set was fine.
Second set was fine.
Third set screwed up the printer to the point where it was useless.

So, for me, potential savings were far outweighed by replacement equipment cost.
-cranioscopical (November 15, 2014, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't think I don't worry about that. And don't think that I don't know that OEM cartridges can destroy a printer, too, with no recourse if the printer is out of warranty. I know that from experience.  :(

Before our 4-in-1 printer-scanner died, I found an excellent source at CastleInk.
I speak absolutely from personal experience they have great prices and wide selection.
-bit (November 15, 2014, 08:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am a bit confused as to what they are selling here. This is rather pricy, but it's not clear if they are an unmentioned brand compatible with Canon printers, or the Canon branded ones. Reading the description does not really answer that. And I am unsure what info is in their chart. Does "Brand" refer to the cartridge brand? Or the printer brand it's made for? And the image is too small to be able to read anything on it to be able to tell that way, either.

For that price, I would expect the real thing, but who knows?

Amazon of course :)
-questorfla (November 15, 2014, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can get burned on Amazon just as easily as anywhere else.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version