ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release: The OEMer

(1/4) > >>

lugosi84:
NANY 2015 Entry Information[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]
Application Name The OEMer Version 1.0.0.97 11 14 2014 Short Description Use The OEMer to brand the computers you build with your company name, model name, company hours and a pictorial company logo Supported OSes Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Web Page ------------------------------- Download Link A link to the download file/Installer System Requirements
* A list of
* System RequirementsVersion History
* A list of the (ongoing) version historyAuthor Promoted Pawn Productions

Description
You have built a wonderful business for yourself. People buy the computers that you build and are very happy with them. How would you like to put information such as your company name, hours of operation, phone number, and a pictorial logo for your business?

The OEMer is your tool!

Features
- Program is designed to be run as a portable application. Just install to a flash drive.
- Change Manufacturer, Model, Support Hours, Support Phone, Support URL and graphic logo to anything you want.
- Easily Add/Delete model names from the list.

Planned Features
- add a button to easily change the logo picture to any BMP that you like
- this program is going to be part of a larger 'suite' type program for doing a complete setup on newly built computers, including desktop background, screensaver, customer power settings and others.

Screenshots
The Main Screen
[attachimg=#2][/attachimg]

Some of the Menus
[attachimg=#3][/attachimg]
[attachimg=#4][/attachimg]

Usage
Installation
The OEMer is a portable application. Just unzip to a folder on  your thumb drive and run it.
Using the Application
Using The OEMer is very intuitive. If you have any questions about how to use it, a help file is included in the base folder.

Uninstallation
Delete the Application folder. There are no registry entries created in the installation of The OEMer

lugosi84:
OK, looking at the other entries in this category, I guess the answer is YES....I will throw it out there.

The program itself seems to work very well for what it needs to do, but I would like some opinions and comments to maybe improve it.

The chm help file that I have included here is the one for my work version of the program. I will be changing that for a more generic audience in the future.

lugosi84:
This is what I posted in my original thread when I proposed this program:

I have been writing and improving upon a program that I wrote for the company I work for to enter OEM branding information on a computer. We build desktop computers to spec for customers and I wanted a way for us to put our company and model information/logo image on each computer that we sell.

Right now, I have information specific to our company in the program, so I am going to create a more generic version for NANY and release it very soon.

Right now, the program allows you to:

- enter OEM Information (Manufacturer, Model #, OEM Phone #, OEM Hours, OEM URL, OEM logo)  in an easy to use interface
- select a new OEM logo (BMP file) by clicking on the interface and selecting a new file
- copy any new logo used to your Logo directory for future use
- create a drop-down menu on the interface that contains all models of computer that you normally build. This list can easily be added to and deleted from.

For a future version, I hope to be able to let the user scroll through logos in the LOGO directory, via a pair of front and back buttons, to select a logo.

This is my first utility that I have programmed, and I feel that it has turned out rather well so far. It is written in AutoIT, but I hope to port it to C# some day.

Jim

tomos:
hi lugosi, oups, you posted in between...

How you've done it is probably fine - normally the info & file are added to the first post, and the file is updated there.

There is also a Nany 'template' that is often used - see e.g.
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=39172.0

When editing, you can access that template thus:

NANY 2015 Release: The OEMer

but I'd say the app itself is the most important part of it all :)

lugosi84:
Thank you, Tomos......I will make it "official" by creating an entry using the template  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version