ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Experimenting with Other Programming Languages

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
Finally making some good progress on Android coding..

One day I love it, the next I hate it.  Rinse and repeat.

For better or worse, it seems to me that mobile/tablet coding is mostly user interface coding.. Which I'd really like to get away from, and go back to my roots of academic/simulation coding where the UI plays a minor role.

phitsc:
The main reason I never made an Android app is because of my profound dislike for Java (which I know is absurd). I've investigated alternatives (e.g. Scala), but they all seem to be more than sub-optimal (especially for novices of the platform).

I'm planning to check out one of the cross-platform solutions one day though.

Ath:
Finally making some good progress on Android coding..-mouser (November 28, 2014, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
IF you are working on an Android version of PBOL, then please let me know, so I can stop pondering on whether I should start the project, because it is really short for my NANY to get it finished, and I really didn't start it yet :-[ (too much other stuff at hand :()

mouser:
Ath:

I am working on a basic code framework that is perfectly suited for making PBOL android.  Whether I get to it in time for NANY 2015 is still unknown, but yeah I think PBOL android is one of the test apps I will make.

cranioscopical:
I am working on a basic code framework that is perfectly suited for making PBOL android.  Whether I get to it in time for NANY 2015 is still unknown, but yeah I think PBOL android is one of the test apps I will make.

--- End quote ---
Never mind that, it's time for Find And(roid) Run Robot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version