ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SPAM reaching epidemic proportions

<< < (2/9) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Yes as I typed that message I rethought about mailwasher. I just need to learn how to write regular expressions again now - every time I try to write one it feels like I am starting again from scratch - a sign of age I think!

mouser:
i'm going to have to check into mailwasher it seems..

Eóin:
I'm lucky to have two accounts protected by tmda which is very powerful when you get the hang of it. As for the other I rely on Thunderbirds Junk mail scanners and look in the Junk folder periodically to check for false positives.

Carol Haynes:
OK I am stumped - how do I write a regex expression to match a string that has multiple occurences of the word 'carol' in it (preferably 3 or more occurrences)? Learning regex is like having your teeth pulled without anaesthetic !!

I tried using regexbuddy - but Mailwasher's regex flavour doesn't recognise all of the tokens regexbuddy generates !!

Mouser - there is also a server side Mailwasher system that is free/open source - it might be worth checking out. See this page http://oss.firetrust.com/home/ It seems you can set it up to filter all email coming in and then users can access any 'quarantined' mail via a web interface.

jgpaiva:
@carol: I'm not a big expert in regex, but i think that this should do it:

--- --- carol.*carol.*carol+.* At least, it worked in farr's regex parser ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version