ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

Runsaver and Windows 8.1

(1/1)

cross7bow:
Hi there...

first of all: Runsaver works great in Windows XP or Windows 7... ... all fine...!!

When using Runsaver in Windows 8.1 however the program or task that shall be started will be "finished" somehow ...
Im my tests some metro-style background comes up when "screensaver" activates. Runsaver does it's tasks but these tasks "dissapear" when metro-style background disappears...
This also happens when Metro-Style is not used... and "log in to desktop instead of "log-in to metro" is chosen in windows 8.1

Hard to explain this in my poor english :-)

So I try to explain it better with an example...

1. Have a script "test.vbs" to be run by "Runsaver"
2. Put following code inside "test.vbs"

WScript.Sleep 1000
Dim SH, txtFolderToOpen
Set SH = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
txtFolderToOpen = "%windir%"
SH.Run txtFolderToOpen
Set SH = Nothing
WScript.Sleep 1000
msgbox "This is a test"

3. Choose "test.vbs" to be run by "Runsaver"
4. Switch to 1 Minute and wait :-)

5. See what happens: In my tests... Metro-Style-Background appears... Explorer-Window out of Script appears... Messagebox appears...
6. Click ok in the "Test-Message" box... Metro-Style-Background disappears... then You will see that explorer-window also disappears as if it would never have been opened...

7. Re-Check this in windows 7... Explorer is shown correctly... and keeps open...

Please have a look at it.

Thanks very much ;)

cross7bow:
Hello everyone... hello Skrommel,

... 1304 views of this topic and nobody out there having an idea to solve it? Anybody tested the behaviour of runsaver on Windows 8.1?

In my tests still the same results.
When using RunSaver on Windows 8.1 => Program starts with Metro-Background and stops anything that should have been started.

Please have a look at it.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version