ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Release: Bomber

(1/3) > >>

Deozaan:
NANY 2015 Entry Information
Application Name Bomber Version 1.150101.0 (for newer versions, check out the website)Short Description Drop bombs, destroy buildings. Supported OSes Windows/OSX/Linux Web Page http://nany2015.deozaan.com/ Download Link http://deozaan.itch.io/nany2015 System Requirements
* OS: Windows XP+, Mac OS X 10.6+, Ubuntu 10.10+, SteamOS+
* Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2004 should work.
* CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
* Web player supports IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and others.Version History
* 1.150101.0 - NANY 2015 ReleaseAuthor Deozaan

Description
This is a game about violence and destruction. Drop bombs to destroy buildings before your plane crashes into them.
This is a one-button/switch game. You can press any key to play or drop bombs.

Screenshots (from pre-release version)

NANY 2015 Release: Bomber NANY 2015 Release: Bomber NANY 2015 Release: Bomber

Usage
Installation
Unzip to your directory of choice.
Windows: Run the exe file.
Linux: Run the .x86 or .x64 file.
OSX: I have no idea.

Uninstallation
Delete the directory containing the game files (and all subdirectories).
Unity saves some information (graphic settings, resolution, etc.) automatically to the registry (or OS equivalent), which on Windows is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Deozaan/NANY 2015.

Tips
Prioritize the tallest buildings.

Known Issues
None.

TaoPhoenix:
Hehe Deo see my Fake Nany post in the basement ... smash your game into one of those "what IS this??!" apps! Then you don't have to pick and choose for Nany ... do a few of them! Sure, release them separately for the official compo, but then make a joke version where they're all smashed together!
;D:D

Deozaan:
I don't go into the basement. It's dark and scary down there.

Deozaan:
I just updated the main post with a sneak peek.

Deozaan:
Earlier today I posted a sneak peak image of the game in its very early stages. It looked like this:

After others had seen that image with my awful placeholder graphics, I had a few comments in IRC about how awful the game looked (they said it more tactfully than that). Mouser mentioned that it looked like an old Atari 2600 game. TaoPhoenix asked me if I could use some of the visual resources I'd used for my LD30 game to make it look better. I knew it looked awful. I hadn't started working on making it look pretty yet. That was going to happen later. I had only blocked out a few visual elements so I could prototype and get the game working as quickly as possible. But to try to appease some of the visual concerns, I quickly added some colors and took another screenshot.

But it still looked like an Atari 2600 game. Only this time in color. Further discussion about the graphics motivated me to start spending time on making it prettier right away. So I focused on the visuals for a few hours and while it's still a work in progress, here's how things look now:

I'm glad I spent the time doing this. Now that it looks nicer it also seems a lot more fun to play, even though virtually nothing has changed gameplay wise.

So thanks for motivating me to polish it up! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version