ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2015

NANY 2015 Pledge: OEMer

<< < (2/5) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Tomos, that is the exact page that the OEM info appears on (right-click My Computer, go to Properties).

No, it does not appear on the desktop, where it definitely might be annoying as all hell  :'( >:(
-lugosi84 (November 06, 2014, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think anybody in the world would care if an OEM installer put their own wallpaper on the computers in question...seeing as that can be changed really easily...

TaoPhoenix:
Tomos, that is the exact page that the OEM info appears on (right-click My Computer, go to Properties).
--- End quote ---

But just to get your creative juices flowing, take a look at Mark Russinovich's BgInfo.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897557

It's probably too rare of a tool to waste time on, but theoretically your program could auto-populate this.

TaoPhoenix:

No, it does not appear on the desktop, where it definitely might be annoying as all hell  :'( >:(
--- End quote ---

I don't think anybody in the world would care if an OEM installer put their own wallpaper on the computers in question...seeing as that can be changed really easily...
-Stephen66515 (November 06, 2014, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh ... okay ... one person in the world?
:P

It's just that it feels just a bit blatant to me ... you know where your comp came from, do you really need the subliminal messaging of the wallpaper?! (And you'd be surprised how many people "sorta don't like it but don't want to ask for help changing it"! (As evidenced by the years the oem wallpaper stayed on some of my colleagues comps!
Either that or some awesome Dell KoolAid!
:tellme:

lugosi84:
Actually, we put our own wallpaper on our builds, and I am creating a program to facilitate that process as well. That one will come later on, and will probably be another program that I would add to DonationCoder.

DC is one of the BEST sites out there in internet-land :)

TaoPhoenix:
Actually, we put our own wallpaper on our builds, and I am creating a program to facilitate that process as well. That one will come later on, and will probably be another program that I would add to DonationCoder.

DC is one of the BEST sites out there in internet-land :)
-lugosi84 (November 06, 2014, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

(B-Movie Outrage)
This means war! Don't make me commission a coding snack that changes wallpaper to a blank-color screen in three clicks just to get rid of your advertising! (/B-Movie Outrage)
:P

(Pick OS, Pick color, though I only ever use black or deep blue.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version